Trade Compliance Policy Statement
Epicurean Nomads is committed to complying with all applicable export, import, and trade compliance laws in all countries in which Epicurean Nomads does business. These laws include customs and product/country of origin marking laws. In conducting business across borders, employees must be aware of and follow these laws and Epicurean Nomads’ trade compliance policies and standards.
Trade Control Laws Generally
- Follow Epicurean Nomads trade compliance policies and standards.
Export Control Laws
- Comply with all applicable export control laws and regulations of the countries in which Epicurean Nomads conducts business.
- Comply with all conditions, restrictions, and reporting requirements of export licenses.
- Follow all applicable local country export reporting laws and regulations for all transfers of goods.
- When establishing new suppliers, partners, brokers, agents, financial institutions, freight forwarders and customers, a “restricted party review” should be conducted to ensure Epicurean Nomads is not interacting with money-launders, terrorists, drug dealers or export control violators.
Importation, Country of Origin and Marking Laws
- Follow all applicable Singapore customs and import laws and regulations.
- Instruct and work with suppliers to provide accurate trade compliance data and documentation.
- Establish required cargo security controls at all applicable facilities that ship or receive products internationally and instruct international suppliers to also establish security controls.
- Direct all correspondence with local Customs authorities through Procurement Manager.
- Do not provide inaccurate, incomplete or unsubstantiated invoice or import documentation, including those related to product description, classification, valuation, country of origin or quantity.
- Report to management all amendments to Customs declarations for pricing adjustments, indirect payments, or credits received.